There is no official product support for OKD as it is a community project. All assistance is provided by volunteers from the user community.
How to ask for help¶
As all assistance is provided by the community, you are reminded of the code-of-conduct when asking a question or replying to a question.
Before starting a new discussion topic, do a search on the discussion forum to see if anyone else has already raised the same issue - then contribute to the existing discussion topic rather than starting a new topic.
When seeking help you should provide all the information a community volunteer may need to assist you. The easier it is for a volunteer to understand your issue, the more likely they are to provide assistance.
This information should include:
- the version of OKD you are using
- the platform you are running on (and type of install - IPI / UPI)
- if you are following instructions and are having issues, a link to the instructions
- the must gather logs - these should be uploaded to a sharing site, such as Google Drive then a public link added to the discussion topic
- a description of the steps that can be used to recreate your issue, if applicable
Please do not tag people you see answering other questions to try to get a faster answer as it is anti-social. We have an active community and it is up to individuals which questions they feel they want to respond to.
We are trying to do all the diagnostic work in the discussion forum rather than using issues for the OKD project. If you are certain you have discovered a bug, then please raise an issue, but if you are not sure if you have found a bug then use the discussion forum to discuss it. If it turns out to be a bug, then the discussion topic can be converted to an issue.